Trauma Informed Coaching
Understand trauma, and therefore the people around you, more deeply.
- Birth trauma/high levels of obstetric intervention during delivery/NDE/resuscitation
- Premature birth or situations where the baby is in isolation (from parent) and in an incubator.
- Childhood illnesses, operations and/or being hospitalised and restrained for treatment.
- Caregivers who are unwell/depressed/not present (i.e. traumatised themselves) and not able to provide the appropriate care for a growing baby or young child.
- Lack of safety in the home environment (punishment, abusive behaviours and neglect, scarcity of love, food, shelter, being left without a carer for long periods of time).
- High expectations placed upon a child to the extent that they feel ashamed of their (lack of) ability, intellectual or physical development.
- Chronic suppression of emotions and the authoritarian ‘children should be seen and not heard’ and ‘big boys don’t cry’ parenting style.
- Picked on by teachers, bullied at school, gaslighted/bullied by siblings.
During the workshops, we work together to authentically and non-clinically share ways to actively “listen” to trauma and how to meet and manage our own trauma and spot trauma in others including awareness of shock trauma. We explore how to best support ourselves and others with some trauma sensitive, tried and tested resources and practices.
I'd love to meet and chat
Feel free to arrange a call or meet up for a 20 minute free consultation to see if we can sail together.